Citizens For A Better Bahamas
A non-partisan citizen’s advocacy group. We believe that The Government of The Commonwealth of The Bahamas should exist to serve the needs of the society in the provision of Peace, Order and Good government of The Bahamas.
To promote reforms which encourage and improve accountability and transparency in all sectors of society and engage on a non-partisan basis with individuals and groups to resist all forms of corruption for the betterment of all people in the Bahamas.
A Bahamas in which government, politics, business, media, civil society and the daily lives of all people are free from corruption; and a nation in which all citizens can have timely access to information from transparent and accountable institutions.
Citizens for a Better Bahamas values transparency, accountability, integrity, solidarity, courage, justice, democracy and the rule of law.
- Public Engagement – we will promote broad civic engagement in all national decision-making processes where possible.
- Community Education – we will build and encourage public awareness of individual rights and responsibilities by partnering with the community and other civil society organizations.
- Legislation Reform – we will work on a non-partisan basis to promote reforms that target the elimination of corruption and laws that strengthen accountability and transparency in governance.
- Leadership by Example – we will conduct our activities in an ethical and transparent manner.
- Monitoring and Reporting – we will monitor and report on all matters of national interest in all levels of society, and hold responsible parties to account.
Visit: www.citizensforabetterbahamas.org for more info