See our correspondence to the Prime Minister and relevant governmental departments. Some key questions we’ve asked the Prime Minister:
- What action does he intend to take to address Mr Nygard’s persistent trespass on Crown property?
- What action does he intend to take to address Mr Nygard’s breaches of the Planning and Subdivision Act, Building Control Act and Coast Protection Act?
- Has a lease of the seabed been granted to Mr Nygard. If so, how is that considered to be in the best interests of the Bahamian people?
- If a lease of the seabed has not been granted to Mr Nygard, will the Bahamian public be given an opportunity to make submissions before Crown land is given away?
- Why has no action been taken to overturn the default judgment against the Crown that the Attorney General applied to set aside?”
Read our letters to:
- Cabinet Ministers
- Minister Responsible for Crown Lands
- Minister Responsible for Ports and Harbours
- Minister of Maritime Affairs
- Commissioner of Police and the Attorney General
- Director of Physical Planning
- Building Control Officer
- Town Planning Committee
- Bahamas Investment Authority, National Economic Council and the Investment Board